Thursday, April 12, 2007

Chambers Gorge Rock Pool “WIP” seven

I am soooo enjoying this stage of the oil painting. All the hard work has been done working out the tonal map with the grisaille technique that I can now just add my layers of colour.

Because it is a landscape I have some flat darker colour in some areas where vegetation will be placed over the top giving the grasses and shrubbery depth. You didn't think I was going to paint every blade of grass did ya? eek

This image isn't the best as the yellow for some reason wants to be dominant and yet the painting has very little left from the under painting. The rocks in fact do have a very pale wash of Burnt Sienna over them. Maybe the camera is picking up the yellow from that. I don't really have the time to spare to play around with the image too much so this one is it folks!

I am hoping for a translucent sky, which already has two glazes of colour with more to come. I am unable to add the shrubbery that will come up above the skyline until this area is completed with glazes.

Did I say I am enjoying this stage of the painting!!! razz

Quick links: