Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Butterfly Pastel "work in progress" six

It has been quite a busy day with Crutching some of our sheep. For those that don’t know the “Crutcher” cuts the wool of the sheep’s behind to help keep that area clean. I am the cook for the day when this job is done.

No more on the butterfly but I did manage to get some more work done on the daisy flowers along with some scrapes of colour in the darker foreground. There is quite a bit of colour in the daisy petals, which isn’t showing up on my monitor. I still may put some subtle pink & mauve mid tones back into the petals yet to depict more shadow.

I am aware at all times that I need to break up any halo effects around the larger shapes. I see one curving around the outer edge of the butterfly wing at the top. I am making a mental note to fix it tomorrow.

No comments: