Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Drawing on the right side of the brain

Some time ago while studying Commercial Art I had a loan of a book called “ Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain” by Betty Edwards. I was lucky enough to purchase one of these books on eBay. The book arrived at my home yesterday, which is timely as I want to take it away on holidays to carry out a refresher course.



I can honestly say that I had no idea how to draw figures though a couple of weeks working with this book I accomplished a portraiture drawing of my son as seen below and another of my husband fishing which I will post tomorrow. The best part about drawing this way is the way I feel so relaxed afterwards and yet to accomplish so much while in this “trance” just blows me away.



Quote:
"Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art”
Leonardo da Vinci

No comments: