Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mt Remarkable

One of my favourite places that I enjoy painting is the Southern Flinders Ranges. The eucalyptus red gum trees are so old that the snarls and twist of the branches are a challenge to draw let alone paint.

This painting from the Melrose area in the Southern Flinders was completed late 2005 and sold at the Lombard Gallery in Adelaide. The mountain in the background is called Mt Remarkable. There are walking trails to climb the mount, not that I have attempted to do so myself. I am told the view is fantastic so maybe I should make that climb and paint from a different perspective. Now that would be a challenge of a different kind and sure my muscles would tell me all about it.

2 comments:

Nina Kuriloff said...

This painting is beautiful.
:-)

Susan Borgas said...

I am glad you like it Nina.