Saturday, April 08, 2006

Willochra Creek, Melrose (Work in Progress) three

Time to post another update.

The mountain is near complete other than minor adjustments that maybe needed as the painting progresses. I also applied pastel to the sky above the mountain so that I could see the tonal values between sky and distant trees. I am reasonably happy with the resulting contrasts.

I have scraped on a thin layer of pastel in the foreground to stain the paper. I have used the warm red/brown tones to compliment the green layers that will be placed over the top. Also rocks and litter will come into play yet in these areas.

Even though it is Sunday tomorrow in Aussie land, I hope to have another posting by the end of the day. Best laid plans often can be interrupted though so I will see what happens.

No comments: