Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Brachina Gorge (WIP) four

What a wonderful day it has been with the two Beaconsfield miners rescued and also a very sad time for their mate that didn't make it.

Sadly though an explosion was heard lunchtime here at my home. Quite some distance away near Gladstone another tragedy is unfolding here in the Mid North of South Australia. There are survivors but also I am aware there is a death with one or two people still missing, depending on what news I am listening to or reading.

Because of the highs and lows of today I have done little work on my WIP.

I lightened the background slightly as I realized there were little differences in values on the side of the tree trunk on the right hand side next to the background. The shadowed side of the tree trunk now stands out more. This might be revisited again but for now I am happy with it.

No comments: