Thursday, May 18, 2006

Flinders Range Wattle Still Life "WIP"

60 x 47 cm
Storm Blue Colourfix paper

Boy oh boy is this one going to give me a headache. It has taken me ages to draw it up and now that I can see it on my monitor I realized I still haven’t drawn the kettle correctly near the handle on the left hand side. Even the simple book took me time to get the perspective right……well I hope it is right.

For those that don’t know my work, this is a first for me painting a still life as large as this. I have completed small drawings with graphite pencils and even post card size watercolours but NEVER anything like this. It is going to be a steep learning curve for me.

I am limited with what objects I could use but it is the wattle in my garden that has inspired me to give it a go.

No comments: