Update: Lesly Finn from Pastel and Paint: Lesley Finn's Art has tagged me since posting here. I hope you enjoy what she has to say....... I know I did!
So here we go…..what little secrets can I tell you all…..mmmmmmmm
- Many moons ago when I was a very young kid I remember hugging a tree branch from underneath when all of a sudden the limb broke. I fell to the ground while still hugging the branch and wandered if I was ever going to be able to breathe again because the wind was knocked out of me. When I could catch my breath I didn’t dare go to my dad for sympathy who was telling me not to climb the tree before hand because I knew I would end up with a sore backside as well for punishment. Now young adults, my own kids take great delight in telling me stories of mischief they used to get up too
- I grew up in the outback of Australia and used to say to my grandmother that I would marry a farmer because it was as much civilization that I wanted and I did! No I did not run around the countryside looking for a farmer to marry; it was something I did not recall until my grandmother reminded me when I did wed my husband.
- I like a ‘see food’ diet although not always the ideal diet for the waistline!
- I rarely play a computer game but give me a ‘software or hardware problem’ or ‘how do you’ question related to programs and I just have to solve it – alas not always successfully.
- I am a Chronic Fatigue sufferer but hey I choose to not let that weakness rule my life…..anyway it was the reason that I took up painting in the first place because it gave me peace of mind. To this day I am protective that my art does not become an unpleasant task and take that peacefulness away. Because of this I will step back some days from my art responsibilities and ‘smell the roses’.
- About a week before starting my own blog I had little knowledge of what blogs were about. I like to think that my writing skills have improved since my first post.
- I can not tolerate spiders of any shape or size and the hairy ones are the worse. My husband (Malcolm) once chased me with a huntsman spider to the point that I became hysterical and screamed. Thankfully he realises he does not want his eardrums puncture and now does not get his kicks out of scaring the sh*t out of me by chasing me around with a spider. Um one night he did wonder why I was belting him up while I was still sound asleep….. yup even dreaming about spiders I can’t stand them!
Ok here we go, now I am going to tag seven people if they also would like to play. Hopefully when checking your blogs, I didn’t miss a post that you had already been tagged.
- Bart Westgeest from I landscape blog who from my very early days of blogging has been a faithful commenter on my blog.
- Robyn from Have Dogs, will Travel blog who has some wonderful sketches and a variety of other posts.
- Rita Woodburne from Purple Tastes Good blog; a coloured pencil artist who’s work I do enjoy.
- Madelaine Fedorowich from The Art of Madelaine blog has been a favourite of mine for a very long time. Check out her Lighthouse Park WIP that she is working on. I am watching closely myself because I am using the same technique on my large oil.
- Linda Blondheim from Landscapes from the South blog is a tireless poster and generously posts tips.
- Karen Margulis from Painting my World blog is a wonderful pastel artist that I have admired for her beautiful work.
- Penny from My Boots and Sketch Book blog is about an Aussie artist who I only recently found and do enjoy reading because it sometimes sounds so familiar to my own life.