Saturday, June 24, 2006

Elder Range, Central Flinders - WIP

Size: 850 x 450 mm
Medium: oil

I felt like a change with my next painting and decided on this one. The mountain range isn’t finished yet.

One thing I did notice that I am mixing the same colours that I use in pastels. Although I have had a long break from the oils, creating these colours isn’t a problem. Must be like riding a bike, once learnt it is never forgotten.

If you are wondering about the yellow background; the whole canvas is painted this way. It tends to give the work a warm glow once finished. I painted my last two oils this way with pleasing results.

Click on thumbnail to enlarge. I had to post a smaller image as the medium size posted a full size image messing up my blog page.



Technorati tags: Art, oil, painting, landscape,

No comments: