I would like to say a few things about what I have learnt while working on this painting.
- Make sure the drawing is correct before applying your choice of medium or there is more work to do during the painting correcting it. I put my hand up to my drawing not correct when I started this project.
- Don’t be frightened to ask for help and do some research on how to draw/paint props of your choice..
- I found I was constantly squinting to see the tonal values, more so than when I am painting a landscape.
- A still life ain’t easy to do!!!
- A feeling of immense achievement once done; might be because it is something new that I have tried.
I am convinced it will get easier with practice and do plan on doing more. Testament to my recently purchased fabrics for back drops and so forth are sitting in my studio.
My husband is going to make a tall table to hold a still life. I need to do a bit more research before it is made. The table will also hold a still life stage that can be dismantled for storage. He has ideas how to make it out of foam core with corner brackets that will connect it together, simple he says. I will post it once it is ready to use so that you can see what it consists of.