Monday, January 15, 2007

A Remarkable Story

The little township at the foot of Mount Remarkable is the oldest settlement in the Flinders Ranges of South Australia. This area is within half an hours drive from my own home and has been the subject of many of my landscape paintings.

Mount Remarkable was discovered and named by the first explorer into this area; Edward John Eyre. More can be read by going to Adelaide Library website. This is a quote from the page that will be viewed.
From our present encampment a very high and pointed hill was visible far to the N.N. W. this from the lofty way in which it towered above the surrounding hills, I named Mount Remarkable.

Surprise surprise, even I am surprised; my fingers did get pastel dust all over them today with some work achieved on this painting shown in this post. There will be no painting tomorrow because I have a full day of shopping along with appointments in readiness for my holiday that is fast approaching. With a temperature forecasted around forty one celsius, I can't say that I am looking forward to it.

Quick links:



Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Merethe Torbergsen said...

Hi Susan...nice to see you working with your pastels again! Haven't been able to keep up with blogs lately, and my gosh what you've done with yours! So much useful information, I'll have to come back and read all over again...

Thanks,
Merethe

Susan Borgas said...

Merethe thanks for checking back on my blog. I am glad you have noticed a difference as it then means it is growing in the right direction. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed to see how your pastel pieces materialize so brilliantly! And how very well you capture the light of your wild, beautiful countryside.

Susan Borgas said...

Laura thank you, I do love to chase the light in my landscapes.