Saturday, June 02, 2007

Water's Path - Willochra Creek "WIP" six

Working on the background to the right from the largest tree trunks is the hardest section so far of this pastel painting. Always thinking about the aerial and atmospheric perspective some of the contrast maybe a little strong yet, but am aware that once the foliage is put in place that some areas will grey off as well as a reduced amount of contrast.

Until next time, take care!


Quick links:

Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Hi Susan. Every time I pop in I seem to spend ages catching up on all your interesting posts. I love the hair gel for brushes tip. This painting is stunning. I really appreciated the close ups because I don't understand pastel technique. My little heart aches with longing for 'home' every time I look at this painting.

Lisa B. said...

I'll have to try the kneadable eraser as a hand cleaner. What a nifty tip! Much more convenient than a wet towel.

I love seeing the close-ups. It's like opening a treasure chest and finding little sparkling jewels inside.

Susan Borgas said...

Robyn thanks so much as it helps to know I am on the right track with my blog if people are staying to catch up on my posts.

Also it is great when you both are finding the tips and closeups helpful as well.

Lisa I have heard the term 'sparkling jewels' associated with pastels before and really like that thought.