Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ancient Red Gums near Melrose " FINISHED"

I have now signed this painting and it is ready to be framed.

So many artists mentioned to me that the trunk on the large tree to the right looked flat that I knew they had to be right. My eye tended to travel up the left hand side at a rush so a twiggy branch was added to slow things up a bit. I darkened the trunk slightly in from the left to help round it off but left some reflected light still coming in from that same side. Even though the timber under the "skin" of the tree trunk is red, the outer colour is very light after the bark has been discarded. I am a lot happier now than before with the final result.



And for those that enjoy a zoomed in section of the image.




Technorati tags: art, artist, landscape, blogger, Susan Borgas, work in progress, pastel, tree

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect!

Susan Borgas said...

Many thanks Laura :)