Saturday, August 26, 2006

Titles and Prices

Today I spend a considerable amount of time fine tuning titles and prices for two exhibitions that I am involved with during the month of September and October.

I know buyers prefer consistency in price with artworks and do feel it is more professional as an artist not to price paintings up and down in value. Even my past buyers are happy to see my paintings increase in price, as it adds value to their own painting, which I also respect when I have sold them a painting.

But how much I should raise my prices isn’t any easy decision to make, especially when the economy is very hard on so many families. I have always been lucky to have younger people buy my larger works and would like to see that continue. With that said I have increased my prices on large works but made it affordable for some buyers with smaller works on offer at a reasonable price.

I have to admit it would be sad to see some of my paintings part company with my home although at the end of the day they have to be sold before they do. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

, , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG your art is AMAZING!!!! Great work! :o) I love your blog! :o)

Susan Borgas said...

Jon thanks for visiting, your comment is very much appreciated.